Monday, July 9, 2012

New fitness purchases under $10

I bought a few things that have made me really excited to workout, so I thought I'd share!

1. Zombies, Run! App for my smartphone. I have an iphone, but this works on androids too! It's an awesome, fun app! It cost $7.99, which had me hesitant to purchase it at first. This app is really worth it though, they put a lot of hard work into it and it will last you quite a long time. It's basically an app you turn on that has you following a township that is trying to survive during a zombie apocalypse. You become one of the "runners" that picks up items and evades zombies for the township. You learn a huge story line that leaves you hanging after every run. After your run you get to apply the items you picked up to different areas of the town. This app is very detailed so you wont get bored, yet it's really simple and easy to work. It also syncs with your music or whatever else your listening too!

2. New weights! I needed a new weight set for my workouts with Jillian. I currently have 5lbs, 10lbs, and 20lbs. I typically use the 5 or 10lbs, but I found i'd burn out fast with the 10. Sooooo I went and bought myself some spiffy 7lbs weights, which im super excited to use today! Each weight was $7.00..which averages to a 1.00/lb :)

3. Candian Runners Magazine for $4.99! I never buy magazines because I typically find them full of advertisments and information i could find online. This purchase was different though, it made me feel like I was a runner! I felt like hey this is a specific magazine just for me :D It was motivating and inspiring to buy it and start reading it.

4. New workout t-shirts for $10. I found myself in the athletic section and couldn't help but buy myself a new workout tee. It's a dri-top..which supposedly helps with all the sweating during those tough workouts. With summer finally being here I hope this helps too!

All these purchases really help motivate me to stay in the game. I can't afford to treat myself every week like this, but this was just too jumpstart my game ;) Once in awhile it feels good to budget a few things like this into your workout routine!

And remember online is full of great resourse for free motivation...like this one, it makes me laugh every time ;)



2 comments:

  1. I'm a SUCKER for zombie stuff! Thanks for posting that review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome! You're going to LOVE it! I think it was the best $8 I've spent in a long time. It's so fun trying to figure out what happened, meeting the characters, going on missions, supply runs...the list goes on :D

      Delete