Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 9

Today was all about cardio, cardio and more cardio! Thank goodness to because my muscles are sore today! It is a pretty hot here though and we don't have AC. I knew I would get sweaty during workouts...but not this sweaty! My 5 year old said I looked like I dunked my head in water.


Speaking of my 5 year old, I had so much support from him during the workout. He was incredibly sweet, encouraging and told me to "do what the ladies are doing on the TV mama! You have to raise your arms higher." That was in reference to those "mummy kicks" she makes you do. My arms and legs always burn out on those. Anyway, my point being that sometimes the support and encouragement from someone really does help. It's just wonderful surprise when it comes from someone so young.

Plus right now he LOVES to run, exercise, jump, swim, and he has fun while doing all those thing. What little kid doesn't right?! :D I'm taking a lesson from him in that I shouldn't see working out or running as a chore to do. Making it fun for myself is what is going to make me stick to it in the long run.

To end the day off we went to the park and played Frisbee with our ultimate Frisbee disc. Those things can fly! It was so nice to be able to run around and play like a kid again, without feeling out of shape.

~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment